Developing the capacity to listen and be present to self and other through profound healing and integration of the early experiences of conception, gestation, birth and early childhood.
Each of us has a deeply held, embodied experience of conception, pregnancy, birth and early childhood – our first 1000 days. When we are willing to inquire into this rich, and often unconscious realm of personal and collective psychology, we gain access to the foundations of our own creative potential. This awareness makes us more available to being with others, both professionally and in close relationships.
Together we will create a gentle, safe, and supportive environment wherein you can remember, release, and examine the impact, reward, and healing energy inherent in your own birth process. You will re-visit major life decisions that inform creativity, responsiveness, and the ability to be wholly present in your work and personal life. You will strengthen your experience of your innate ability to resource yourself more fully, and you will learn to facilitate that process in others.
We will work with experiential SOURCE Process and Breathwork, birth process work models, pre and perinatal psychology and physiology theory, guided meditation, small and large group work, somatic and trauma psychology practice. SOURCE Breathwork uses the breath as support for resolution, integration, and release. This is a one-year training designed to develop deep listening skills and heighten self-awareness for those who work with people; therapists, healers, coaches, medical staff, doulas, midwives, counsellors, parents and parents to be, both as a CPD programme and for those on a self-development path.
You will discover how beliefs and working assumptions are formed in our early experience and how they influence our capacity to be present for another person.
We will engage with experiential inquiry and lecture-based modes of learning.
We will explore tools and processes that support us to remember and transform preverbal impressions that are no longer appropriate to the life we choose to live.
Participants will receive mentoring throughout the duration of the training.
At the end of the training you will have acquired:
- A philosophical and practical overview of the pre and perinatal psychology field.
- An understanding of the impact of the physiology of birth and modern obstetrical interventions on the developing human psyche.
- An awareness of how trauma occurs in pre and perinatal experience and how it can be healed.
- A recognition of the role of the first breath in the creation of belief systems.
- The ability to identify key, life-diminishing statements and their life-affirming counterparts (SOURCE Archetypal Affirmations) and their relationship to your own life stemming from your first 1000 days.
- Through these ten sessions you will integrate an understanding of how your own belief system has formed and how you can heal thus leading to your ability to support others in their process of healing.
- Practical skills and processes in working with self and others to create a safe, healing environment suitable for early life material and the importance of that environment to that healing process.
- An appreciation of different approaches that you can apply ie: SOURCE Process and Breathwork, Prenatal and Birth Therapy, Family Process Work toward healing prenatal and perinatal psychological material.
- An experience of the importance of community to healing issues emerging from the pre and perinatal period.
24 January 2020 – 22 November 2020
8 weekends, some 3 full days, some Fri eve/Sat/Sun
Full day: 10 am to 5.30 pm. Friday evenings: 7pm – 9.30 pm
Main Tutors: Elmer Postle and Binnie A Dansby
Except June 26-28 with Julia Duthie and Elmer Postle
Weekend 1: Jan 24–Jan 26 – 3 full days
Weekend 2: Feb 28–March 1 – Fri eve/Sat/Sun
Weekend 3: April 3—April – 5 Fri eve/Sat/Sun
Weekend 4: May 8–May 10 – Fri eve/Sat/Sun
Weekend 5: June 26–June 28 – 3 full days
Weekend 6: Sept 11–Sept 13 – Fri eve/Sat/Sun,
Weekend 7: Oct 30–Nov – Fri eve/Sat/Sun
Weekend 8: Nov 20–Nov 22 – 3 full days
Fees are £2,600. Payable by one deposit of £200 (to reserve your place), plus 10 instalments of £240 a month. All prices include VAT at 20%.